Using water hydraulic technology, AFP has designed and built a number of hydraulic power units for the offshore oil and gas industry. The latest of these units have been built specifically around the use of water / glycol as the hydraulic medium. Features of the units include:
- Maximum pressures of 15,000psi and beyond,
- DNV (Det Norske Veritas) certified offshore lifting frames
- High-pressure stainless-steel valves, filters and pressure regulators through AFP's partner, Water Hydraulics
These units can be supplied as a permanent fixture for mounting on offshore platforms or as a mobile unit - alternatively, we have a range available for hire as and when a task is required. Where clients have specific requirements we're able to offer a high level of flexibility and prompt turnaround time.
Built in conjunction with partner Water Hydraulics, AFP has recently added a pressure test and flushing unit specific to water / glycol applications to an already extensive hire fleet. The new unit is capable of a maximum pressure up to 18,000psi and includes a flushing system capable of being electronically controlled from 0 - 45l/min to match customers' specifications as required.
AFP has a strong focus on expanding our knowledge and construction capabilities for building hydraulic power units specifically to customer requirements. "We want to be known for our work quality and a can do attitude for building units, using a combination of water glycol, fresh water and seawater fluids", said director Anthony Wales. "We've developed a great team and we want to continue building solutions for the oil and gas industry, both locally and overseas. AFP has two more units to build in the coming months and welcomes enquiries from other companies for this type of product".
AFP's large inventory of hydraulic equipment for hire includes:
- Flushing rigs up to 1,300l per minute
- Water / glycol pressure test and flushing unit (18,000psi, 0 - 45l/min)
- Filtration transfer trolleys
- Vacuum dehydrator unit for removal of water from oil
- Flow, pressure, temperature and particle contamination data loggers
- Hydraulic power units - water glycol and oil
- Pipe bending and hose assembly equipment
- Pressure testing equipment