ALE Heavylift Global Transportation and Lifting Services
ALE has a long and distinguished history supporting the offshore industry and today the company is a market leader on a global scale.
Topside load out
Technical advances in offshore installation and floatover capabilities have allowed for the fabrication of complete topsides weighing upwards of 50,000t. ALE is continually developing new ways to safely load out such structures using strand jacks, integrated skid systems, SPMTs and high-capacity ballasting systems. As a result, the company has successfully loaded out more than 1,000 such structures around the world.
One of ALE’s most recent innovations, the Mega Jack, is capable of lifting platforms of up to 50,000t to an elevation of 25m.
Offshore project management
ALE’s specialist services support every stage in the project lifecycle, from front end engineering design (FEED) to the decommissioning of offshore facilities. The company has state-of-the-art integrated ballasting systems with a typical capacity of over 60,000m3/hr, advanced weighing equipment and a dedicated marine engineering division. With world-leading expertise in all of these areas, ALE offers a complete cradle-to-grave service in offshore skills.
Offshore support services
ALE’s specialist services include weighing and onsite moves for both smaller pieces such as bridgeways and derricks and complete fabrications such as jackets and topsides.
- Fabrication: site moves and sub-assembly site moves, including transportation, cranes, floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) module integration and gantry systems
- Topside lifting of site works
- Load outs, including self-propelled modular transporters (SPMTs), strand jacks and skidding
- Marine engineering, including ALE-owned barges and ballasting
- Offshore installation: floatover installation (high deck mating) and eco mast installation (EMI)
- Decommissioning, including topside decommissioning
Continuous health, safety, quality and environment (HSQE) improvements are a fundamental part of ALE’s ‘smarter, safer, stronger’ ethos. Although extremely high, the company’s standards in these four areas are continuously reviewed and refined so it remains at the forefront of the industry.
Products and Services
ALE recently completed the topside load-out, float-over, offshore lifting and levelling operation of the 13,000t Lu Feng topside in the South China Sea.Read more