ITEx Quality Services
Offshore Inspection and Certification for Equipment, Installations and Operations
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
ITEx Quality Services (ITEx) was established in 1994 as a technical inspection organisation with the purpose of ensuring and providing high-quality services to all customers, fulfilling their requirements with the provision of cost-effective quality solutions.
We provide a range of quality, inspection and certification services applicable to petrochemical and gas plants, power plants, nuclear plants, industrial products, onshore production, offshore production and processing facilities.
Experienced offshore inspection engineers
ITEx was founded by a group of managers, engineers and technicians with more than 30 years' experience in a variety of fields.
Today, the company employs approximately 500 people, both exclusive and non-exclusive inspectors. This includes engineers who have had special training, enabling them to survey the construction of goods and ensure a high level in terms of integrity, quality, reliability and safety.
Offshore quality system design and supply
- Quality manual and quality procedures
- Quality statistic survey
- Quality audit and process quality
Offshore asset integrity products
- Asset integrity management
- Risk-based inspection (RBI)
- Process system integrity (PSI)
- QRA, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL and safety studies
- Global HSE issues (audit, consultancy and assistance)
Offshore consultancy services
- Engineer consultancy (E&P and civil)
- Technical consultancy (E&P and civil)
- Operational consultancy (E&P and civil)
- Project management (E&P and civil)
- Project supervision (E&P and civil)
- Project coordination (E&P and civil)
- Marine warranty surveys
Oil and gas training
- Process, safety, utilities and electricity modules
- Construction modules – general and advanced
- Customized, specific drilling and seismic training program
- Practical on-the-job / on-the-field training program
- Hazardous areas – general and advanced
- Ex-protection – general and advanced
Offshore project design review and certification
- Review of the FEED and detailed design of offshore and onshore projects
- Design review of structures, pressure vessels, piping, equipment, process and safety systems, control systems, electricity and instrumentation
- Design review of civil engineering; certification of projects, including design, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning and start-up phases of projects
- Zone 2 certification of fire-rated cabins and doors
Offshore inspection and testing services
- Packing and marking execution checks
- Weight and volumes relief
- Technical product analysis
- Loading inspection
- Pre-shipment inspection
- Risk-based inspection
- In-services inspection
- Site inspection
- Pipeline inspection
- Lifting equipment inspection
Third-party offshore construction and operation inspections
- Quality assurance during field construction and inspection supervision of both onshore and offshore facilities
- Inspection disciplines (including civil) – insulation, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, structural, welding, NDE and coating
- Onshore and offshore pipeline construction inspection and supervision of all welding, NDE and coating activities, both at manufacturer's premises and in the field
- Management of quality assurance, supervision, managers and inspectors, and assistance of cost and schedule control by construction
Onshore and offshore inspection and certification
ITEx's involvement in offshore / onshore inspection and certification can be traced back many years. This includes a period of major activity and development in the gas exploration sector in Italy and other Mediterranean countries.
ITEx is involved in major offshore and onshore field development in Italy, Mediterranean Sea countries, Indonesia, the Middle East, Arabian Gulf countries and Russia.
Offshore platform / installation certification and inspection
For past certification / inspection services in offshore and onshore installations, ITEx was appointed either by petroleum companies or engineering contractors.
ITEx was entrusted by Saipem (ENI Group) for the management, surveillance, inspection and certification (TPI) of a large proportion of the Italian platforms based in the Adriatic Sea up to the Sabratha platform, placed north of the Libyan shore.
Sour gas treatment plants vessel and piping inspections
Based on its recognised experience, ITEx has been entrusted by major engineering companies with the responsibility for inspection of vessels and piping for sour gas treatment plants and their components.
Pipeline surveying, inspection and certification
In onshore and offshore projects, pipelines are manufactured and installed for transportation of hydrocarbons, residual treatment services and/or to transport to treatment facilities and further distribution to customers.
ITEx has inspected and certified thousands of kilometres of carbon steel, duplex and clad pipelines during their construction and assembling. In recent years, this has included the Blue Stream Project and Libya Gas Transmission System Project (Green Stream).
ITEx has a share capital of €3m, with a head office based in Milan, Italy, and operative offices both in Italy and worldwide. It has a branch office in Talsano (Tranto), southern Italy, and a fully owned Kazakh-registered company, ITEx Kazakhstan, in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Available White Papers
ITEx Company Profile I.T.EX S.R.L. QUALITY SERVICES (CORPORATE) is a technical inspection organisation that was established in Italy in 1994 with the purpose to provide high-quality services to all customers, fulfilling their requirements offering quality solutions at the most cost-effective conditions.