Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Comment
June 26, 2020

Omani firm wins Abu Dhabi’s Haliba oil field tie-in project

By MEED   

Al-Dhafra Petroleum has awarded a contract to Oman-headquartered Galfar Engineering & Contracting for executing engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) works at its Haliba field in Abu Dhabi.

The value of the EPC contract is understood to be approximately $100m, according to sources.

The duration of the call-off contract, which was awarded to Galfar earlier in June, is four years, the sources said.

The Haliba field is operated by Al-Dhafra Petroleum, a joint venture established in 2013 between Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) and a consortium of South Korean firms Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) and GS Energy, which is represented by the Korean Abu Dhabi Oil Consortium (Kadoc).

Adnoc owns the majority 60% stake in Al-Dhafra Petroleum, while Kadoc holds the remaining 40%.

As part of its contract, Galfar will perform EPC works to install well tie-ins and additional flowlines.

Content from our partners
How the North of Tyne region is leveraging its legacy to define its future
Q&A with Chevron Lubricants’ Paul Sly, global industrial OEM specialist, and Nathan Knotts, global brand technical manager
The important role of antifoam agents in oil-gas separation and amine treating

The sources added that Galfar is in advanced talks with UK oil and gas services provider Penspen for sub-contracting the engineering works on the project.

Last July, Adnoc announced the start of oil production from the Haliba field, marking the first time Al-Dhafra Petroleum had produced crude since it was established in 2013.

Haliba came online with a production capacity of 40,000 barrels a day (b/d).

The field is located along the southeast border of Abu Dhabi emirate.

MEED recently reported that India’s Larsen & Toubro Hydrocarbon Engineering (LTHE) is close to completing engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) works on phase 1 of the Haliba onshore field development project in Abu Dhabi.

This article is published by MEED, the world’s leading source of business intelligence about the Middle East. MEED provides exclusive news, data and analysis on the Middle East every day. For access to MEED’s Middle East business intelligence, subscribe here.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU