Qatar-based Oryx GTL has issued a tender for a framework agreement covering engineering consultancy and support services, according to a report by MEED.
Oryx GTL issued the tender on 17 September, and engineering firms have until 14 October to submit bids.
Kentz, a subsidiary of Canadian contractor SNC-Lavalin, had been providing engineering services to the operator as part of a ten-year framework agreement which expired in 2020.
“Oryx GTL is looking to renew the framework deal for engineering work, which is why this tender has been issued,” the source said.
The duration of the framework agreement is three years, with an extendable option of two years available.
The contract calls on the engineering consultant to prepare and deliver design packages and scope of services for Oryx GTL’s engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects from time to time on a call-off basis.
Oryx GTL, in which state oil company Qatar Petroleum holds the majority share of 51% stake and South Africa’s Sasol the remaining 49%, has the capacity to produce 34,000 barrels a day (b/d) of gas-to-liquids (GTL). It is the Middle East’s first GTL plant, and has been operating since 2006. The Oryx plant uses natural gas treated at Ras Laffan Industrial City and converts it into low-sulphur diesel, naphtha and LPG.
This article is published by MEED, the world’s leading source of business intelligence about the Middle East. MEED provides exclusive news, data and analysis on the Middle East every day. For access to MEED’s Middle East business intelligence, subscribe here.