Qatari gas-to-liquids producer is tendering a framework agreement, covering the provision of engineering consultancy and support services
Oryx GTL has extended the bid submission deadline until 28 October for firms bidding for a framework agreement, covering the provision of engineering consultancy and support services.
MEED previously reported that Oryx GTL issued the tender for the engineering framework agreement on 17 September and gave engineering firms until 14 October to submit bids.
MEED also reported that Oryx GTL held a virtual job-explanation meeting on 27 September with bidding firms. Among the attendees were Canadian contractor SNC-Lavalin, Australia’s Worley and France’s TechnipFMC, sources previously said.
“During the meeting, officials from Oryx GTL provided an overview of the framework agreement, explained the scope of work, and took questions from firms in attendance,” a source said.
The duration of the framework agreement is three years with an extendable option of two years available.
The contract calls on the engineering consultant to prepare and deliver design packages and scope of services for Oryx GTL’s engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects from time to time on a call-off basis.
Kentz, a subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin, had been providing engineering services to the operator as part of a five-year framework agreement, which was awarded in July 2016.
“Oryx GTL is looking to renew the framework deal for engineering work, which is why this tender has been issued,” a source told MEED earlier.
Oryx GTL has the capacity to produce 34,000 barrels a day (b/d) of gas-to-liquids (GTL). It is the Middle East’s first GTL plant and has been operating since 2006.
The Oryx GTL plant uses natural gas treated at Ras Laffan Industrial City and converts it into low-sulphur diesel, naphtha and liquefied petroleum gas.
Qatar Petroleum (QP) holds the majority share of 51% in Oryx GTL. South Africa’s Sasol holds the remaining 49%.
This article is published by MEED, the world’s leading source of business intelligence about the Middle East. MEED provides exclusive news, data and analysis on the Middle East every day. For access to MEED’s Middle East business intelligence, subscribe here