bocad 3D CAD Software for Offshore Construction
With more than 30 years of service experience, bocad-3D Steel is the most advanced 3D CAD software worldwide for offshore construction. It has been adapted to the requirements of a market that demands balance between the conservatism of steel structure companies and the pioneering ideas of modern architects, enabling you to model the most complex offshore structures quickly and accurately at a lower cost.
bocad-3D has thus become a worldwide reference for modelling some of the most sophisticated and prestigious structures. Throughout the years, bocad has diversified its products with various modules: glazing, cladding, staircase and railing, tower, offshore, tank, wood and concrete.
Oil and gas industry CAD software
The offshore module was designed for professionals of the oil and gas industry eager to quickly obtain documents for purchasing, manufacturing and assembly in order to optimise their production.
CAD software for offshore platforms, decks, jackets, flare booms and helidecks
By using our CAD software, you will save time when modelling and manufacturing drilling and production platforms, decks, jackets, main support frames, modules, flare booms, boat landings, helidecks and piping supports. This module is used by many fabricators and engineering consultants all over the world.
3D modelling software for steel structures
bocad is a 3D modelling software for steel structures that incorporates many functions that have helped make it a success for decades (including management of the most complex 3D structures, member marking with revision tracking, and automatic creation of drawings and lists).
It also provides the most powerful tools in the industry in order to allow the user to deal with the most challenging structures. These tools include a complete and open connection library; multi-user options; three-dimensional curved plate creation; and Sacs, Staad pro, IFC, Frameworks, PDMS, STEP AP214, IGES, DXF/DWG 2D and 3D, PDF, PDF3D and WRL interfaces.
Offshore CAD software module
Features of our specialised offshore CAD software module include:
- Pipe positioning, seam orientation, CHS profile or bent-rolled plates, imperial and metric units, pipe unfolding, coordinates, lists, CNC, internal and external rings, cones, built-up sections, pad eyes, flange extensions, stiffeners, lap joints, handrails, gratings and pipe flanges
- Centre-of-gravity calculations
- Weld preparation, weld numbering, weld reports and weld maps
- A full range of connections, members and 2D graphical elements that enable you to meet the industry output requirements
- Each element created by the offshore macros can be modified interactively
- If you modify a section involved in the assembly, the connection can be recalculated automatically
- Possibility to load a 3D model from analysis software into bocad-3D and to export a bocad-3D model to piping or design software
- CNC codes to control pipe-cutting machines (from Mueller and Jesco) as well as tools for stock management and production control
Products and Services
bocad has released a free white paper on the Offshore-Technology website. Engineering offices need to react flexibly to customer demands. But even steel workers without numerical-control production appreciate the efficiency that results from the combination of bocad-PS’ costing, orderinRead more