The maritime monitoring system is a fully integrated system designed for the safety and security of offshore oil and gas installations, particularly platforms and floating storage vessels.
Sea Surveillance provides high-end software and integrated solutions for maritime safety monitoring. Our main products are the Maritime Monitoring System for offshore installations, Vessel Traffic Management System, Ex(p) and weather-resistant Radar Domes, VHF Radio System, and Fish Farm Surveillance System.
The company has been operating since 2005 and has more than 50 installations around the globe.
Ex(p) and weather-resistant radar domes for surveillance in adverse conditions
The Ex(p) radar dome is a self-regulating Ex(p) protected enclosure for X-band radars, S-band radars, VSAT antennas, position reference sensors and other kinds of surveillance equipment.
ATEX zone 1 and 2 ready: the radar dome can be used when installing radars in potentially explosive oil platform areas. The radar dome allows for the use of radars during gas leakage, increases equipment life and durability, and protects radar equipment from strong wind, rain and extreme temperatures.
The radar dome consists of a stainless steel or aluminium support structure and a dome made from fibreglass composite that does not affect electromagnetic equipment performance. The dome can accommodate three, six, eight, 12 and 18ft scanners. The radome is available in size 1.02m, 2.43m, 2.8m, 4.2m and 6.1m. There is a built-in function for the remote monitoring of pressure, temperature and operational status of the system. Radar dome fulfils the European Standard EN 50014 and has the patented air system.
Maritime Monitoring System for 24/7 safety monitoring of offshore installations
The Maritime Monitoring System is a radar-based solution developed according to offshore industry standards that assures 24/7 monitoring of the maritime situation around offshore assets. Information is available through both the offshore operator room and onshore control centre. The system gathers traffic and environment information from the radars, AIS, CCTV, VHF and other sensors. The information is processed and displayed on the single Information Surveillance Display. All data is superimposed on electronic charts.
The system provides a comprehensive traffic picture of the maritime situation around offshore assets, information about vessels and targets in the guard areas, assures collision avoidance, and provides record and playback of all data in the system. The system can be controlled and monitored remotely. Being flexible and versatile, the system is suitable for large control centres and one-operator systems. User-friendly operator-configurable interface simplifies operator training.
System modules feature
- Vessel information
- Guard zones with automatic audio and visual alarms
- Integrated helicopter tracking (ADS-B)
- Integration to 3rd party oil spill detection (OSD) system
- Fleet management module that utilises vessel GPS for tracking vessels in the open sea
- Intrusion detection module
- CCTV integration
- Record and playback
- Radar and other sensors remote control
Vessel traffic management systems for ports and harbours
VTMS is designed to effectively manage traffic in ports, harbours and coastal areas. Sea Surveillance iVTMS is a state-of-the-art solution aimed to ensure efficient maritime traffic flow, collision avoidance, communication and coordination between vessels entering the port area and authorities.
The system provides high speed and high precision of processed information, as well as an up-to-date maritime traffic picture superimposed on S-57 electronic charts. The information is presented at a single operator display. All the functions and additional modules like VHF and CCTV are available on one screen in order to simplify the operator’s routine and allow effective traffic management.
The system is compliant with IMO and IALA maritime traffic security regulation codes.
- Radar, AIS, CCTV, RDF, GPS, weather sensors, VHF support and control
- Multi-radar tracking integration
- Multi-sensor (Radar and AIS) tracking integration
- Information about vessels entering the port
- Route management
- Target manoeuvre prediction (radar tracking in “shadow areas”)
- Sophisticated zone configuration such as traffic, guard, auto-acquisition and jurisdiction
- Configurable alarm management, including navigation and sensor audio and visual alarms
- Recording and playback
- Integration with CCTV
- Integration with VHF
- Simulation and training
- Man Overboard
- Safe control of vessel docking and mooring
VHF radio system for onshore and offshore operations
The VHF subsystem allows onshore and offshore operators to perform VHF calls via remote radio using VHF-over-IP technology. This can be integrated into a larger surveillance system or used as a stand-alone application. All audio streams to and from VHF base station use the ED137 communication protocol. Remote control of base stations is based on the TCP protocol. All VHF conversations are recorded on the central server and can be retrieved for playback. The VHF system can include up to 150 radios and is entirely remotely operated and controlled via touch screen panel.
Fish farm surveillance system
The system assures 24/7 real-time all-weather surveillance of fish farm assets and allows fast response to dangerous situations.
The system addresses three major threats and challenges. Firstly, employee safety, including the detection and tracking of men falling into water or aid required on the sites in order to bring them back to safety. Secondly, monitoring theft and poaching, and thirdly, observing nearby traffic to prevent vessels from getting entangled in the fish farm lines and nets.
- Integration with different types of radars (mostly small 4G radars) for early detection of threats
- Track ships and small boats
- Distinguish known and unknown targets
- Monitor and control vessel traffic
- Integration with CCTV/ Thermal camera. These cameras can be controlled directly from the software system and the user can quickly lock-on and track certain targets, such as a man in the water or intruder. The advantage of integrating thermal cameras is that objects are clearly visible even in total darkness.
- Audio and visual alarms for employees in dangerous situation and targets violating the guard zones
- Automatic violating target follow up. When the violating target is detected the camera automatically points to it and starts following it
- Record and playback of all input data such as radar echo, video, AIS, VHF and weather information
- All data is provided on one operator screen, showing the precise location of fish cages and targets
- Weather conditions monitoring
- Integration with VHF radio system for communication with uninvited visitors
- The possibility to build up a joint control centre for several fish farms
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
The system is designed specifically for offshore industries to ensure accurate tracking of vessels in the open sea and in coastal areas. It can also be expanded with engine, fuel and tank monitoring modules.
Sea Surveillance has continued its fruitful cooperation with Exxon Mobil by providing Maritime Monitoring system for Kizomba oil field located offshore Angola.
Sea Surveillance has developed the world's biggest one-piece Ex(p) radar dome for Noble Energy.
Statoil Petroleum awarded Sea Surveillance the marine radar contract for MFO Tele at Statoil Sandsli.