Steffel CP Cathodic Corrosion Protection, Remote Monitoring and Remote Control Systems for Cathodic Protection Installations
Steffel CP is a specialist manufacturer and EPC contractor in the technically specialised field of cathodic protection solutions, offering unique solutions for complicated cases as well as its own brand of remote monitoring and control for cathodic protection (CP) systems, complete with tailored management software package.
Steffel CP’s clients are in the international oil and gas industry, refineries, petrochemical facilities, onshore and offshore transmission pipelines, harbour jetties and piles, offshore structures and platforms and reinforced concrete structures. The company is currently active in many exciting projects in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa.
Technology from Steffel is supported by excellent know-how, a high level of engineering competence and long-standing experience. Our customers have gained the benefits of our services more than 40 years.
Bespoke cathodic corrosion measurement and protection solutions
We provide our clients with customised and unique CP solutions for their complicated projects or out-of-date existing CP systems. When there is a need for specialised survey and troubleshooting, Steffel is there.
- Design of CP systems for onshore and offshore structures
- Design of CP systems for onshore and marine pipelines
- AC corrosion and interference survey and mitigation
- Survey and mitigation of high-voltage overhead lines influence
- Intensive measurements such as DCVG and CIPS
- Fault detection and CP problem shooting
- Coating monitoring during horizontal directional drilling HDD of the pipelines
- Inspection and maintenance
- Consulting and training
- Manufacturing and supply of tailor-made CP materials and accessories
- CP systems for deep well casings
- Cathodic protection for steel in concrete
Anode mitigation for local cathodic protection (LCP)
Local cathodic protection is the most effective and modern technology to mitigate the risk of corrosion in complex facilities, such as stations, refineries, petrochemicals, etc. Where classic CP solutions are lacking or inefficient, substantial stray currents flow between the unprotected areas of buried and other metallic structures.
LCP is the complement of standard cathodic protection solutions and makes up what is called a distributed system, placing so-called hot-spot anodes in locations evaluated by Steffel experts to be high corrosion zones. This system allows the operator to have control of each individual section of the asset, in order to keep the whole system protected uniformly. Applying this system eliminates the use of insulating joints/flanges which leads to a reasonable decrease in the whole project costs.
LCP technology was created to provide industrial facilities with efficient, targeted protection. Steffel has been an important pioneer in LCP, and the company is generally leading the way in development and innovation.
CP remote monitoring and control system (RMS)
Remote monitoring isn’t just an enormous saving on personnel and expenditure; it also means early detection of disconnections or breakdowns in CP systems and further increases the operational security of your facilities. With the complete system from Steffel, you’ll always be up to date.
Our cathodic protection measurement continuously measures the CP values and records them, making detection of malfunctions and documentation of effectiveness immediate and easy.
Advantages of remote monitoring include:
- It allows you to monitor the function and effectiveness of your cathodic protection system any time and from anywhere
- Check, adjust, switch, clock or configure your CP system easily from the comfort of your office or mobile
- Time and cost savings
- Enables you to analyse and archive your measured value
Steffel transformer rectifiers
The demands you place on your rectifiers are as unique as the objects you’re protecting and the environment surrounding them. All rectifiers, however, have the same essential requirements: durability, sturdiness and quality. These are what you get with Steffel brand SteProtec rectifiers.
We provide you with exactly the right protective system for your unique field of application, everything from small tank rectifiers, station rectifiers for pipelines, protective systems for harbours, multi-channel output systems for LCPs or casing protection right up to special units for protecting steel in concrete. And it’s all available with optional CP telecontrol technology or even infinitely variable remote control.
Steffel transformer rectifiers:
- Are for CP, LCP, steel in concrete, tanks, etc.
- Suit every conceivable application
- Are available as variable transformer or electronic versions, both with optional infinitely variable remote control
- Are flexible in potential, voltage or current regulation
- Are available in all the usual power ratings
Products and Services
The maintenance of CP systems involves a variety of measurement techniques with or without data logging, including routine maintenance measurements, intensive measurements, soil resistance determination, precise measurement in micro volts, stray current surveys and AC interference measurement.Read more
Im Bulloh 6
D-15745 Wildau- Berlin