When considering a new investment in hoist technology, a full comparison between pneumatic and electric...
At the end of August, JDN delivered their largest crane system constructed to date to Westcon Lofteteknikk AS (WCL)*, Norway. It was a hydraulic semi portal crane with a lifting capacity of 80t, which will be used on a drilling rig.
Spanning 7.5m, an overall height of approximately 11.5m, and a total weight of 32t, the crane is equipped with two JDN hydraulic monorail hoists (EH 40-H) and additionally with a PROFI 6 TI-H as a service hoist.
Four JDN hydraulic drives are provided for the crane travel. The whole hydraulic energy supply system was also designed and produced by JDN. Ex-classification: Ex 3 GD IIB T4, design temperature: -20°C.
*WCL is the authorised Norwegian sole importer of JDN.
Standards and regulations
- 2006/42/EC – EC Machine directive
- DNV OS E101- drilling plant
- DNV lifting appliances 2.22
- FEM 1-001 – rules for design of hoisting appliances
- Norsok R-CR-002 – lifting equipment
- Survival conditions: 3° with load, 27° without load
- Emergency lowering: emergency positioning of trolleys and crane by a back-up hydraulic pump with tank
- Controls: electro-hydraulic switch cabinet mounted on the gangway; radio control; second operation control system if the radio control panel fails; manual operation if the electric supply fails
JDN programme expanded
The following JDN Hoists have been included in the standard programme:
- JDN air hoists: PROFI 30 TI, PROFI 40 TI, PROFI 60 TI, PROFI 75 TI
- DN monorail air hoists: EH 30, EH 40, EH 60
J D Neuhaus' (JDN) profi series air hoists rise to the challenge of meeting the...
When specifying a hoist for use in industrial applications that demand beam-traversing motion, attention should...
Equipment suppliers within the marine sector are under increasing pressure to ensure that the industrial...