UK-based offshore operator Neptune Energy has awarded a subsea inspection contract to geo-data specialist Fugro for its Cygnus gas field in the southern North Sea.
As part of the contract, Fugro will employ advanced remote monitoring technology to survey subsea structures at the Cygnus gas field.
Neptune Energy operates and owns 38.75% in the field while the remaining 61.25% is owned by Spirit Energy.
Under the contract’s work scope, Fugro will inspect subsea infrastructure such as pipelines, umbilicals, spools and communication cables.
Fugro will also inspect standard structural surveys of the Neptune-operated Cygnus gas platform jackets.
Neptune UK Operations Director Mungo McLeish said: “Across our geographically-diverse portfolio, we’re using digital technologies to enhance the safety and efficiency of our operations.
“Fugro’s use of their ROC [Remote Operations Centre] is a strong example of the benefits to both operators and service partners of employing such technologies. Through remote monitoring, the team will have access to all available data and will reduce the logistical challenges of managing personnel on the vessel offshore.”
Fugro will deploy multipurpose remotely operated vessels (ROV) support vessel Edda Sun to execute the work.
Fugro inspection repair and maintenance (IRM) services director Karl Daly said: “We’re delighted to continue our working relationship with Neptune.
“Fugro has worked at Cygnus for the past five years and will be utilising our ROC to provide high-quality survey and inspection services while reducing the number of personnel required offshore.”
“Our in-house IRM expertise and technologies allow us to provide market-leading remote solutions, which are critical to our clients during this time.”
Last month, Neptune Energy completed the removal of three platforms from the Dutch sector of the North Sea. In addition, NPD granted Neptune Energy a drilling permit for two wildcat wells in the North Sea offshore Norway.