Receive our newsletter – data, insights and analysis delivered to you
March 4, 2015

McDermott wins Jangkrik complex subsea fabrication contract in Indonesia

McDermott International has won a subsea fabrication contract from FMC Technologies for the Jangkrik fields, located offshore Kalimantan, Indonesia.

By admin-demo

Image

McDermott International has won a subsea fabrication contract from FMC Technologies for the Jangkrik fields, located offshore Kalimantan, Indonesia.

Italian energy firm Eni operates the Jangkrik complex, which features the Jangkrik Main and Jangkrik Northeast fields.

Jangkrik Main is situated around 44 miles from the coast, in the Muara Bakau permit area along the Makassar Strait. Jangkrik Northeast is approximately 16 miles from Jangkrik Main.

The contract requires McDermott to fabricate around 3,200t of subsea manifolds and subsea safety isolation valve modules, which will be installed in water depths ranging from 329ft to 1,640ft.

Fabrication started in February at McDermott’s Batam Island facility in Indonesia. It will also undertake factory acceptance testing (FAT) / extended FAT and system integration testing.

McDermott expects to complete the contract by the first quarter of 2016.

Content from our partners
How the North of Tyne region is leveraging its legacy to define its future
Q&A with Chevron Lubricants’ Paul Sly, global industrial OEM specialist, and Nathan Knotts, global brand technical manager
The important role of antifoam agents in oil-gas separation and amine treating
"The contract requires McDermott to fabricate around 3,200t of subsea manifolds and subsea safety isolation valve modules, which will be installed in water depths ranging from 329ft to 1,640ft."

McDermott vice-president and general manager for Asia Pacific Hugh Cuthbertson said: "Our demonstrated track record in the delivery of customised, high-quality subsea solutions from our Indonesian fabrication facility on Batam Island, including the Gorgon subsea structures fabrication project and the Ichthys engineering, procurement, construction and installation project, positions us strategically to support FMC Technologies in fabricating the Jangkrik Complex subsea infrastructure."

Production from the Jangkrik fields is expected to start in 2017, with a capacity of 450 million metric cubic feet of gas per day for the first six years. The fields will continue producing at a lower capacity for about eight additional years.

Eni holds a 55% stake and operates the Muara Bakau permit, while GDF Suez holds the remaining 45% working interest in the permit. The two gas fields are expected to cost approximately $4.13bn.


Image: McDermott’s Indonesian fabrication facility. Photo: courtesy of McDermott International.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU