Norwegian industrial and financial investment group Ferncliff has launched an offshore marine and engineering consultancy, Aqualis Offshore, to serve the oil and gas market.

Aqualis has already opened offices in London (headquarters), Sandefjord of Norway, Houston of the US, Rio de Janeiro of Brazil, Singapore, Dubai, UAE; and Dammam of Saudi Arabia.

"Ferncliff currently has 51% interest in the consultancy, while the remaining 49% stake is owned by Aqualis Offshore employees."

The new consultancy will focus on shallow and deep-water offshore segments of the oil and gas industry.

Aqualis Offshore provides services, which include concept, FEED and basic design engineering, for upgrades and conversions of jack-ups, FPSOs and rigs.

It will also provide services such as transportation and installation, rig moving, dynamic positioning, construction supervision and due diligence services.

Ferncliff currently has 51% interest in the consultancy, while the remaining 49% stake is owned by Aqualis Offshore employees.

In September, Clavis Pharma signed an agreement to acquire Aqualis Offshore for a fixed sum consideration, on an equity basis, with settlement in Clavis shares.

Aqualis Offshore CEO David Wells said the new offshore consultancy plans to set up in major key oil and gas regions.

"This allows us to support our customers worldwide and provide an immediate alternative to the established consultancy players," added Wells.

"We will continue to facilitate and encourage employee ownership as it builds loyalty to the company. The end-beneficiaries are our customers who will always have access to highly experienced personnel."


Image: Aqualis Offshore will focus on shallow and deep-water offshore segments of the oil and gas industry. Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net.

Nri