Fx Energy has begun its KSK production project in Poland.

The KSK production project serves three wells including Sroda-4, Kromolice-1 and Kromolice-2.

The Sroda-4 well is providing the initial production and is expected to produce about four million square feet of gas (mcfg) per day gross during an initial plateau production phase of several years.

The two Kromolice wells will begin production in 60 days at a rate of 10mcfg per day gross.

FX Energy owns a 49% interest in the three KSK wells, while the Polish Oil and Gas Company operates and owns the remaining 51%.

FX Energy president David Pierce said that the company’s share of the estimated 14mcfg per day gross production from the three wells will boost company-wide production by more than 60%.

“We also expect these production rates will be sustained over a several year plateau phase,” Pierce said. “This will provide important and sustainable support for our exploration and development programme over the next several years.”