Hess has made a new condensate discovery in the Paradise-1 exploration well in the Deepwater Tano / Cape Three Points licence offshore of Ghana.

The well has an estimated 490 net feet of oil and gas condensate pay over three separate intervals.

Hess has filed a Notice of Discovery with the Minister for Energy of Ghana.

The results will be evaluated and the company will work with Ghana National Petroleum Corporation and the Ghanaian Government to plan future appraisal drilling.

Hess is the operator of the licence with a 90% stake, with Ghana National Petroleum holding the remaining 10%.