Eni has made a new hydrocarbon discovery at an exploration well drilled on the Jangkrik North East structure, located in the Muara Bakau block of Kutei Basin, offshore Indonesia.

The Jangkrik North East NFW was drilled to 3,633m at a water depth of 460m and contains more than 60m of net gas pay in reservoir sands of the Pliocene and Miocene ages.

Production tests also indicated the presence of high quality gas at a tubing constrained rate of 30.6mscfd.

The Muara Bakau block is operated by Eni, which holds a 55% interest through its Indonesian subsidiary, while the remaining 45% is held by GDF Suez.