Global oil company Murphy Oil has made two additional discoveries on its acreage offshore Malaysia, the company announced.

The first discovery was made at the Siakap North prospect located in block K, offshore Sabah, Malaysia. The Siakap North discovery is located six miles from Murphy Oil’s Kikeh field in about 4,300ft of water.

The well encountered oil-bearing pay sands of a similar age and quality as Kikeh.

Development options including a tieback to Kikeh are being evaluated, the company said.

Murphy Oil holds an 80% working interest and serves as operator. PETRONAS Carigali International Sdn Bhd, the wholly owned exploration and production arm of Petronas, holds the remaining 20%.

The second discovery was made at the East Patricia prospect located in block SK 309, offshore Sarawak, Malaysia. The well found about 230ft of net natural gas pay and was drilled in 89ft of water.

East Patricia is located 23 miles from the Bintulu onshore gas receiving facility currently under construction for the sanctioned Sarawak natural gas development. Murphy Oil maintains a 60% working interest and serves as operator. Petronas holds the remaining 40%.