Equipment and component manufacturer National Oilwell Varco and services giant Schlumberger have joined forces to provide high-speed drill string telemetry systems in gas operations.

The IntelliServ joint venture uses patented technology IntelliServ Broadband Network to provide high-resolution data in real time to and from the bottom of oil and gas wells as they are being drilled, according to Schlumberger.

IntelliServ will also provide along-string evaluation services that will enable real-time monitoring of drill string conditions, and an unlimited ability to actuate downhole tools on demand.

National Oilwell Varco will own a 55% stake in the joint venture, with Schlumberger holding the remaining 45%.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData