Anadarko Petroleum, operator of the Independence Hub natural gas platform based in the Gulf of Mexico, said the platform has been ramped up to 700 million cubic feet (mmcf) per day levels following the tropical storm Ida.

Planned maintenance resulted in the platform operating at the decreased rate of 700mmcf per day in the third quarter of 2009, even though it has the capability to process up to 1 billion cubic feet per day.

A few days earlier the platform’s production levels were at 250mmcf per day because of Ida threatening the Gulf.

The Independence Hub platform is one of the biggest natural gas-processing facilities in the Gulf of Mexico.

Enterprise Products Partners has an 80% stake in the platform, while Helix Energy Solutions Group owns the remaining 20% stake.