Brazilian state energy company Petrobras and mining firm Vale have announced a natural gas find offshore the Espirito Santo basin.

The discovery was made at the ES-M-468 block, according to the National Petroleum Agency (NPA).

The well was drilled by the GSF Celtic Sea rig in 1,470m of water, according to NPA drilling data.

Petrobras holds a 75% stake in the block while Vale holds the remaining 25%.