Austria-based Palfinger Dreggen has received contracts worth EUR90m ($121m) to supply cranes for offshore operations.
As part of the first contract, the company will supply 28 cranes to Jurong Shipyard, a subsidiary of Singapore’s Sembcorp Marine.
The contract includes the delivery of cranes for a total of seven drillships to Brazil-based semi-submersible drilling rig manufacturer Sete Brasil, between 2014 and 2017.
Palfinger will supply its two DKF2000 Pedestal Knuckle Boom Cranes and two DKW2000 Pedestal Wireluffing Cranes, for installation on each of the vessels.
The Knuckle Boom Cranes have a capacity of 85 tonnes, while the Wireluffing Cranes have 63 tonne capacities.
Palfinger said it would custom-design cranes for use on MODUs, FPSOs, Buoy Handler and Jack Ups, which are also available with electric or diesel electric prime movers.
Based on the Jurong Espadon design, the seven drillships will be constructed at Estaleiro Jurong Aracruz, which is Sembcorp Marine’s new shipyard in Brazil.
With a capacity to operate at water depths of 10,000 feet (3.05km) and drilling at depths of 40,000 feet (12.2km), the Espadon drillships will be deployed for oil and gas discoveries in the giant offshore pre-salt fields of the Santos Basin, Brazil.
As part of the second contract with French engineering and construction company Technip, Palfinger Dreggen will supply two complex offshore cranes to a new platform, which will be delivered to DONG for the Danish Hejre field.
Located in the central part of the North Sea, the Hejre oil and gas field lies 300km away from the Danish coast in License 5/98 at a water depth of 70m.
DONG Energy is the operator of the field and holds a 60% interest, while Bayerngas Norge holds the remaining 40% interest. Both partners are investing $1.6bn in the development of Hejre field, which is expected to come online in 2015.
Image: Gangway tower and deck crane delivered to APL for FPSO in China.