Pancontinental Oil & Gas has started the Kifaru 3D seismic survey at its L6 exploration licence area, in offshore and onshore Kenya.
The company said a total of $13.67m will be spent to conduct the data acquisition which will cover about 680 square kilometres of the license, which lies in the Lamu basin and within the Tana River Delta.
The survey will be carried out by Fugro-Geoteam AS, using its specialized vessel Fugro Geo Mariner.
The forthcoming Kifaru 3D seismic is expected to enhance the chances of success of the L6 drilling, planned for the 2013 licence year.
Pancontinental has a 40% interest in the L6 licence, with the remaining 60% held by current operator FAR.