<a href=Talisman” height=”200″ src=”https://www.offshore-technology.com/wp-content/uploads/static-progressive/ID-100105438.jpg” style=”padding: 10px” width=”301″ />

Canada-based energy firm Talisman Energy has started oil production from its Hai Su Trang and Hai Su Den (HST/HSD) development, offshore of Vietnam.

Talisman said that gross production is anticipated to reach 15,000 bbls/day once the facilities are fully commissioned.

The HST/HSD development includes two offshore oil fields, which were discovered within Block 15-2/01, on the western edge of Vietnam’s prolific Cuu Long Basin.

Thang Long Joint Operating Company (TLJOC) is the operator of Block 15-2/01, where Talisman (Vietnam 15-2/01) has a 60% working interest, while PVEP holds the remaining 40%.

Located 75km offshore of southern Vietnam in shallow water (45 metres), the development includes two wellhead platforms, which have been tied back to the existing Te Giac Trang floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit.

"Talisman Energy Asia-Pacific EVP Paul Blakeley said the first oil has been achieved on schedule and under budget."

Talisman has drilled, completed and tied-in four wells at HST, and used PV Drilling to complete and tie-in two previously drilled wells at HSD. PTSC Mechanical and Construction, a subsidiary company of PetroVietnam, has constructed both the platforms in Vietnam.

Talisman Energy Asia-Pacific EVP Paul Blakeley said the first oil has been achieved on schedule and under budget.

"This development will help Talisman meet its regional and corporate objectives of adding near-term, high-margin liquids volumes and associated cash flow. In addition, it will allow us to evaluate the further development potential of the HSD field," Blakeley added.

Talisman has worked with PetroVietnam, PetroVietnam Production Exploration Corporation (PVEP), as well as PTSC, the EPCI contractor and PV Drilling to complete the project.

"Working closely together, we have been able to deliver first oil in less than 18 months from project sanction," Blakeley added.


Image: Gross production from the Hai Su Trang and Hai Su Den development is expected to reach 15,000 bbls/day, once the facilities are fully commissioned. Photo courtesy of freedigitalphotos / suwatpo.

Energy