<a href=Technip” height=”194″ src=”https://www.offshore-technology.com/wp-content/uploads/static-progressive/global_1201.jpg” style=”padding:10px” title=”Offshore installation will be carried out using Technip’s Global 1201 pipelay vessel” width=”300″ />

France-based Technip has been awarded a pipeline installation contract by Offshore Oil Engineering (COOEC) for the Liwan 3-1 shallow-water project in the China Sea.

The Liwan 3-1 project is being developed by a joint venture between Canada-based Husky Energy and China National Offshore Oil Corp; it lies about 300km south of Hong Kong in the Pearl River Mouth basin.

The 260km-long pipeline will link the Liwan gas platform to CNOOC‘s Gaolan gas plant.

Technip will install 160km of 30in export oil and gas two-phase pipeline from the Liwan platform, in underwater depths of about 70m.

The contract will be carried out by Technip’s operating centre in Singapore in cooperation with the project engineering office in Shekou, China.

The offshore installation will be carried out using Technip’s Global 1201 pipelay vessel and is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year.

Husky will operate the deep-water section and manage the drilling, while CNOOC will operate the shallow-water infrastructure, which includes the platform, underwater pipeline and gas-processing plant.

CNOOC holds a 51% stake in the block, with operator Husky Energy having the remaining 49%.

 

Image: Offshore installation will be carried out using Technip’s Global 1201 pipelay vessel. Photo: courtesy of Technip.