Acorn Container Company Custom-Made Steel Offshore Containers
Acorn Container Company produces custom-made steel containers for use in a variety of industries, including offshore, oil, petrochemical, recycling and waste management, construction, materials handling, food and any application that requires the use of a steel container. We’re proud to serve a range of customers, from local authorities to multinational organisations.
We make sure that we limit the effect that our business activities have on the environment. The high-quality steel we use to make our containers can be easily recycled and therefore it impacts less upon the environment. We’re proud to be good value for our customers and the environment.
Steel offshore containers
Acorn Container Company is a leading supplier of container solutions to both onshore and offshore industries. We design, manufacture and test purpose-built offshore containers in accordance with Lloyds and DNV appraisals, as well as all relevant offshore standards and specifications, including DNV271 and EN12079.
With a wealth of experience in the design, fabrication, blasting, painting and testing of offshore containers, all to the latest specifications and regulations, we have the capabilities to meet your offshore needs.
Tailor-made offshore containers
Acorn is proud to service the needs of a wide range of industries, creating tailor-made containers for use in environments including storerooms, workshops, offices and test laboratories to name but a few. Our comprehensive product range includes:
- Acoustic containers
- Switchgear containers
- Mini and half height containers (10ft x 8ft, 10ft and 20ft)
- Baskets – sizes include 6ft, 8ft, 10ft, 12ft, 20ft, 30ft, 44ft and 60ft
- Cargo baskets
- Steel containers
- Dry cargo containers
- Mud boxes
- Open top containers
- Waste skips
- Specialised units
Fabricated steel containers for the offshore industry
All steel containers produced by the Acorn Container Company are fabricated with brand new materials and are manufactured in accordance with BS EN 9000 standards.
We ensure the quality and consistency of service provided by the Acorn Container Company by operating modern management techniques including Total Quality.
Large facilities for manufacture of offshore containers
Acorn Container Company has the facilities to manufacture 80-100 containers a week. Our seven-acre headquarters in Rotherham include 40,000ft² of workshops with an adequate, secure storage area. Our facilities include:
- Low bake oven and spray shop for high-quality fabrications; we’re well equipped to complete large fabrications in a fast turnaround time
- Shot-blasting facilities to the industry-wide Swedish Standard SA 2.5 for the effective removal of paint, rust and scale from steel surfaces prior to coating
- Computer-aided design (CAD) department; we can meet any requirements for custom-specification steel containers with our engineered solutions. We currently hold over 1,600 designs that all meet new and existing legislation