Böhler Welding Welding Consumables for the Offshore Industry
Böhler Welding provides a full range of welding consumables for all joint welding applications and steel base materials, with a particular focus on medium to high alloyed consumables and super alloys. We supply welding electrodes, GMAW wires, GTAW rods, as well as flux core wires and wires for submerged arc welding and welding fluxes.
Recommendations concerning benefits to customers resulting from expert operational advice have made Böhler Welding products popular in exacting sectors such as offshore technologies, pipeline construction, refineries and petrochemical plants, power stations and chemical plants.
You can choose from 240 Böhler Welding high-alloyed consumable grades. And if need be, our technicians will develop new welding consumables tailored to your components.
Our range of welding products includes:
- Flux core wires
- Solid wires and rods for gas-shielded welding
- Wires for submerged-arc welding
- Welding fluxes
- Welding electrodes
- Gas welding-rods
High-alloyed consumable grades
Selection of base metals for offshore platforms:
- Mild steels such as A106Gr.B, ship grades A, D, E, 36, 40
- API pipe steels API 5L-X52 up to API X70
- High-strength steels: S355-S460, S500, AISI 4130, S690Q
- Soft martensitic stainless steels like 13Cr 4Ni
- Austenitic stainless steel: 316L, 310, 904
- Stainless steel of 6Mo type
- Duplex and super-duplex stainless steel 22Cr and 25Cr
- Nickel base: Alloys 625, 59, 600, 800
- Copper: Cu-Ni 90-10, Cu-Ni 70-30
- Titanium: Ti grade two
Joint welding processes
Welding processes include:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
Joint welding for offshore structures
Committed to quality and service:
- The ingenious quality management system of Böhler Welding is in compliance with EN ISO 9001
- First class raw materials and exactly specified pre-materials with a certificate of origin are used
- Well-trained and highly motivated staff works on state-of-the-art processing equipment
- Environmental issues are being implemented in the production in accordance with ENISO14001
- The products are checked at pre-defined quality-control checkpoints without a compromise and must pass the most stringent criteria
- More than 1,900 approvals from authorities all over the world confirm the acceptance in the market
- A comprehensive worldwide sales network of well-stocked partners ensures rapid and punctual delivery in more than 100 countries, on every continent
Your nearest sales partner can be found at the Böhler Welding website.
Products and Services
Remote Dynamic Positioning (DP) Trials
Airline companies have carried out remote testing and diagnostics operations for many years, and dynamic positioning (DP) trial procedures are well-established within the industry.
DNV 2.7-1 Offshore Containers
BSL provides a comprehensive range of offshore containers to meet any industrial need, with solutions customisable if required.
Dyneema® based mooring ropes demonstrate sound return on investment
Long considered an expensive alternative to traditional steel wire and conventional polyester-based synthetic ropes, offshore ropes and mooring systems made with super-strong Dyneema® have been making impressive inroads into the industry over the past number of years.
Why is Glove Selection so Complex?
It is a job that safety officers need to be applauded for as they not only have to be specialists in gloves, they also have to be specialists in all other types of personal protective equipment.
Böhler Welding, a leading provider of welding consumables for all joint welding applications and steel base materials, has released a number of free white papers on the Offshore-Technology website. This includes Böhler Welding's Advanced Welding Technology for the Offshore IndRead more
Böhler Welding Group show-cased an impressive stand with the size of 181m² at the welding technology exhibition area and consequently not only emphasised the significance of the Vienna-Tec fair as the largest networking event of the welding industry in Austria but also the clear market leadeRead more
A record number of more than 60,000 experts visited the 17th international exhibition Schweißen & Schneiden on 14-19 September 2009 in Essen, Germany. The large Böhler Welding Group stand, which covered more than 2,300m², represented the brands Böhler Welding, TRead more
Welding un- and low alloyed steels is subject to crack formation. Appropriate methods exist for reducing the hydrogen input in weld metals, such as selecting suitable welding processes, the proper handling of electrodes and precise welding preparations. In principle, the welding process can be suRead more
European Business Park