Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc) has entered into a $4 billion agreement with US investment firms BlackRock and KKR, the state oil producer has announced.

As part of the midstream deal, a newly created entity called Adnoc Oil Pipelines will lease 18 of Adnoc’s pipelines, which transport crude oil and condensate across Adnoc’s offshore and onshore concessions, for a 23-year period.

Adnoc investment plans

In return, Adnoc Oil Pipelines will receive a tariff payment from Adnoc for the volume of crude and condensate that flows through the pipelines, which is backed by minimum volume commitments. Funds managed by BlackRock and KKR will form a consortium to hold a 40 per cent interest in the pipeline company, with Adnoc to hold the remaining 60 per cent.

The transaction is expected to result in upfront proceeds of $4 billion and is expected to close in the third-quarter of 2019.

In a statement released about the transaction, Adnoc said it was laying the groundwork for “additional infrastructure-related investment opportunities with institutional investors”.

Adnoc’s 60 per cent equity stake in the pipeline company will be held through Adnoc Infrastructure, a 100 per cent-owned Adnoc subsidiary, which also holds Adnoc’s 100 per cent stake in Abu Dhabi Crude Oil Pipeline (Adcop). Adnoc Infrastructure is expected to add further Adnoc assets and become a key vehicle for attracting investment in the emirate’s oil sector.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

This article is sourced from Power Technology sister publication www.meed.com, a leading source of high-value business intelligence and economic analysis about the Middle East and North Africa. To access more MEED content register for the 30-day Free Guest User Programme. https://www.meed.com/registration/