Kuwait’s Central Agency for Public Tenders (CAPT) has extended the oil bid submission deadline for a contract for external works on Jurassic production facilities (JPF) in northern Kuwait.
The deadline has been extended from 11 August to 13 September, according to a statement.
Previously the bid deadline was 9 June.
The client on the project is the state-owned upstream operator Kuwait Oil Company (KOC), a subsidiary of the national oil company Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC).
The scope of the project, estimated to be worth $115m, includes:
- Laying of flowlines
- Installation of wellhead hook-ups
- Installation of inlet manifolds
- Construction of associated facilities
The contractors that have prequalified to bid on the contract include:
- Mohammed Abdulmohsin al-Kharafi & Sons
- Alghanim International General Trading & Contracting
- Heavy Engineering Industries & Shipbuilding Company
- Gulf Spic General Trading & Contracting Company
- Integral Services Company
- Consolidated Contractors
- Arabi Enertech
- Almeer Technical Services Company
- Combined Group Contracting
- Mechanical Engineering & Contracting Company
- Al-Dar Engineering & Contracting
This project has seen extensive delays since the invitation to bid was first issued in June 2019 with a bid deadline of 1 September 2019.
This article is published by MEED, the world’s leading source of business intelligence about the Middle East. MEED provides exclusive news, data and analysis on the Middle East every day. For access to MEED’s Middle East business intelligence, subscribe here.