INTERKAB is the brand name of International Cable Management, a privately owned group of companies headquartered in Aberdeen, UK.
It specialises in the management and supply of a diverse range of electrical cables, including power, control, instrument, fibre-optic composite and underwater cabling, in addition to associated electrical products and accessories.
INTERKAB operates with local and international oil and gas hubs and has three divisions across all of its operations:
Offshore and marine cables
INTERKAB provide a broad range of cables for applications in hazardous and non-hazardous areas offshore. Our product range covers various industries including:
- Upstream Oil & Gas
- Shipbuilding & Marine
Our products include:
- Low-voltage power, control and instrument cables
- Medium voltage cables up to 66kV
- Fibre-optic, data and communications cables
- Special cables manufactured to meet client or project specifications
- Subsea and underwater cables
INTERKAB offshore cables comply to the following specifications: BS6883, NEK606, IEEE1580 Type P, IEC-60332, BS7917, MGCH, IEC-60092, IEC-60331 and AS/NZS 1660.5.
INTERKAB also provides the full range of onshore cables that comply with British, European, American and International Standards as well as individual client specifications.
INTERKAB provide products for various industries including:
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG)
- Petrochemical & Refining
- Power Generation
INTERKAB provide onshore cables to the following specifications:
BS5467, BS5308 / PAS5308, BS6724, BS6622, IEC-60502 and include options for flame-retardancy to IEC-60332 and IEC-60331.
Standard cables are available from stock and can be manufactured within 4-6 weeks. In addition, INTERKAB can accommodate requirements for Cat A, B flame retardancy at the client’s request.
INTERKAB stock and distribute a broad range of electrical equipment for both offshore and onshore applications in hazardous and non-hazardous areas.
We provide IP rated electrical equipment for both Exe and Exd applications, where required all materials are ATEX certified and are supplied with all required documentation and certification.
- Cable accessories; glands, adaptors, stopping plugs, joints, terminations, transits, cleats, marking systems, ties and banding, cable ties and other consumables
- Cable supports; trays, ladders & supports in galvanised steel, stainless steel, GRP/FP & aluminum
- Junction boxes and enclosures
- EX distribution boards, lighting (florescent, floodlights, well glass, bulkhead, pendant, hi/low-bay), earthing and lighting protection
Commercial support, project management and management services
In addition to specialised cables and electrical equipment, INTERKAB provides a number of service-based solutions, including:
- Commercial support
- Technical support
- Project management
- Logistical support
- Management services
- Stock control
INTERKAB works alongside its clients to continually add value to their operations, both directly through minimising the costs of cables and indirectly by streamlining the procurement, expedition and management of processes involved in the lifecycle of the project.
Our core company values are:
- Providing an all-encompassing cable and cable management solution across multiple industries on a global basis
- Offering unrivalled service and support from conception to completion
- To be more than just a supplier of cable
- To add more value to the clients’ supply chain
A company with a reputation for delivering
"I know of INTERKAB from working with Weatherford on the Garraf project, Iraq. Too often, companies fail to provide after-sales service. I was most pleasantly surprised with INTERKAB when your BDM turned up on site in Iraq to see how things were going and if INTERKAB could further help in any way – I was, and still am, most impressed. This one aspect of your company’s ethos gained great kudos not just with me but with many of the people that worked for me. It will gain your company great respect and word will get around that you’re an honourable company, one to do business with!"