NDT & Corrosion Control Services is specialised in the survey, design, installation, application and maintenance of all kinds of cathodic protection systems for the protection of buried and submerged structures, as well as structures containing imbedded-in and/or in-contact-with corrosive electrolytes.
Our mission is to heal and protect assets from the effects of corrosion, and to enhance life.
Cathodic protection systems for offshore structures
Cathodic protection (CP) is a technique used to control the corrosion of a metal surface by making it work as a cathode of an electrochemical cell. This is achieved by placing another more easily corroded metal in contact with the metal to be protected to act as the anode of the electrochemical cell.
Cathodic protection systems are most commonly used to protect steel, water or fuel pipelines and storage tanks, steel pier piles, ships, offshore oil platforms and onshore / offshore oil / gas / water well casings.
NDT & Corrosion Control Services
Offshore cathodic protection services
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Conducting feasibility studies and CP assessments
- Designing and installing CP
- Surveying existing and/or new facilities and performing annual surveys, in addition to completing preventive maintenance checks
- Offering a wide spectrum of CP materials, equipments and tools
- Conducting laboratory studies
- Evaluating performance of existing CP systems and providing corrective recommendations
- Supervising CP installations and offering engineering consultations
- Verifying the accuracy of CP tools
- Leading in providing accurate soil conductivity measurements through geonics surveys, soil box resistivity measurements, four-pin, three-pin, two-pin and single-pin soil resistivity measurements
- Providing a wide range of CP materials, including galvanic anodes, impressed current anodes, rectifiers, solar systems, junction boxes, test stations and oil access boxes, remote monitoring systems, and backfill materials
Corrosion and electrochemistry testing instrumentation
NDT & Corrosion Control Services’ range of instrumentation covers all corrosion and electrochemistry testing, including potentiostat, zero resistance ammeter (ZRA), frequency response analyser (FRA) and galvanostat capabilities.
Our instruments enable all standard test techniques to be performed, such as current and voltage noise, AC electrical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), galvanodynamic sweeps, IR compensation, corrosion rate, and many more.
Pre-installation CP testing and engineering services
NDT & Corrosion Control Services can provide pre-installation testing and diagnostic engineering, cathodic protection design, cathodic protection installation, post-installation engineering and pipeline integrity management. Over many years, these services have been provided through international corrosion control standards evolving from industry-leading corrosion engineering expertise.