ATB Riva Calzoni is active in the energy sector and is organised in two divisions covering oil & gas and green power.
The ATB Riva Calzoni oil & gas division supplies engineering services, process packages for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and evolved packet systems (EPS), pressure vessels, and operation and maintenance (O&M) services.
Engineering and design services for the offshore industry
ATB Riva Calzoni’s engineering and design business unit provides, through its controlled company DG Impianti, a comprehensive range of consulting and engineering services, related to the design of industrial plants from conceptual and feasibility studies up to the commissioning and start-up assistance.
As a front-end engineering and design (FEED) provider, the company offers a multi-discipline approach and implements its experience into project development concepts by extensive use of value engineering.
By using state-of-the-art technologies and new-generation project development methodologies, the company is committed in finding new solutions to address real customer needs and business priorities.
Optimised project development solutions are provided through a combination of evaluations and the screening of relevant products and technologies. The company uses a typical front-end gate process, a step-by-step process where it works with the client to analyse various solutions for different field development scenarios.
Engineering and design services include:
- Asset integrity management (AIM)
- Construction assistance
- Environmental impact assessment and environmental studies
- Existing plant surveys and optimisation engineering
- Feasibility studies and economics
- HSE studies
- Installation engineering
- Multi-disciplinary detailed design
- Operability and maintenance assessment and engineering
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning follow-up
- Testing and start-up
Engineering, procurement and construction and process packages
EPC package business division offer clients, through its controlled company DG Impianti, a wide range of competencies such as project execution, procurement, fabrication, and installation up to commissioning services. Main contracting of mission-critical solutions for the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry and power plants is also available.
The company’s key competencies include:
- In-house expertise of fabrication and completion services
- Project engineering, procurement services, and fabrication and start-up services
- Turnkey deliveries of oil and gas production, and processing installations
The production phase is strictly controlled to ensure that each part satisfies all customer specifications and codes requirements.
Calculation methods and construction techniques are in full compliance with a wide range of national standards such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the American Petroleum Institute (API), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association (TEMA), and Germany’s Technical Inspection Association (TUV).
The company’s EPC package business division supplies a number of process packages, including:
- Condensate stabilisation
- Fuel gas conditioning
- Gas dehydration units (absorption, DEG and TEG)
- Hydrocarbon recovery – dew point control
- Hydrogen recovery – purification (PSA and membrane)
- Nitrogen generator
- Oil desalting and dehydration units
- Polishing units (MRU mercury removal from natural gas, propylene purification unit, ethylene purification unit, LPG purification unit)
- Refrigeration units
- Sweetening units (absorption and membrane)
- Vapour recovery unit (VRU)
Pressure equipment for oil and gas processing applications
ATB has manufactured more than 2,500 pressure vessels since late 1950s, covering the equipment required for upstream, midstream and downstream applications with an average production of nearly 7,000t a year.
Due to the continuous improvement required by refineries and petrochemical plants productivity, the thickness, diameter and weight of reactor vessels have increased signifcantly and reached the limits of the current manufacturing technology.
Powerful equipment and skilled workers enable ATB to specialise in the manufacturing of reactors and heavy-wall pressure vessels with the following dimensions:
- Max thickness: HCK reactor with thickness of 358mm
- Max weight: HDT reactor with weight of 1,400t
- Max length: C2C3 splitter column with length of 100m
The company have multiple manufacturing facilities located globally in Italy and Malaysia trough its controlled company MMHE ATB JV.
Both companies have a direct access to the sea in Porto Marghera (Italy) and Pasir Gudang (Malaysia)
Vanadium-modified alloys steel components
ATB is a leading manufacturer of chromium and molybdenum materials, including the latest generation of vanadium-modified alloys. The company has also developed special expertise in welding stainless-steel and duplex urea-grade, corrosion-resistant material.
The company manufactures a wide range of components such as:
- Reactors and separators for hydroprocessing applications
- Ammonia converters and auxiliary vessels
- Urea reactors and auxiliary vessels
- Separators with internals for upstream applications
- HP adsorbers columns and towers (high, medium or low-pressure)
- Reactors for various downstream and petrochemical applications
- Pressure vessels (high, medium or low-pressure) and drums
- Shell and tubes heat exchangers (medium / low-pressure)
- Steam drums
- Storage tanks and bullrtes
- Pig launchers / receivers
- Subsea equipment
- Nuclear casks
- Nuclear steam supply system (NSSS) components for nuclear power plants
The above impressive range of products is manufactured in Italy or Malaysia depending on factory competences, skill and experience.
About ATB Riva Calzoni
ATB Riva Calzoni was established in 2003 by merging Acciaieria e Tubificio di Brescia (ATB) and Riva Calzoni Impianti (Riva Calzoni).
Since then, the company has expanded to meet the increasing demand for components for the oil and petrochemical industries, as well as thermoelectric and hydroelectric power plants. The two companies have operated for more than 100 years in the design, manufacturing and installation of mechanical equipment for various industrial applications.
ATB Riva Calzoni belongs to FINTRO, the holding company of Trombini Group based in Artogne, Brescia, which operates several companies in diversified sectors such as energy, construction, tourism, real estate and power generation.