Sime Process Packages, Engineering and EPC Services for Offshore Industries
Sime is a privately owned engineering company, which has been operating in the oil and gas industry since 1989.
Its long-standing experience in providing engineering services is enriched by the supply of process packages and modules.
The typical products that Sime supplies are:
- Gas treatment skids
- Metering skids
- Chemical injection skids
The typical services that Sime provides are:
- Process engineering
- Rotating machinery engineering
- Engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCm)
The Oil & Gas sectors in which Sime operates are:
- Deep water
- Pump stations
Feasibility studies, front-end engineering design and engineering services
Sime provides a full range of services, from process and feasibility studies to basic engineering packages, front-end engineering design (FEED) packages and detailed engineering, in addition to onsite plant surveys, service and maintenance engineering.
It performs all types of engineering, such as process, machinery, piping structures, weight control, electrical instrumentation and project management.
Process studies and process-packaged solutions
In 2012, Sime started studying process packages especially for brown field applications. Some of these studies have alredy been patented, in particular those related to underwater devices, gas treatment, gas sweetening and dehydration.
Additional services provided by the company include feasibility studies, on-site surveys, FEED and detailed engineering, process guarantees, material procurement, as well as construction and post-sales activities.
Engineering, procurement and fabrication projects
Since Sime did not have its own workshops at the time, it formed important partnerships with logistics and construction companies in order to start providing EPC project management services.
In a typical EPC project, Sime receives the purchase order and is the only point of contact for the customer, even though basic engineering and technological aspects are developed internally, while others are shared with its purchase and construction partners.
Sime has reinforced its internal structure to effectively manage EPC projects and become a process package supplier. The construction and logistic partnerships developed over the years have allowed the company to cover a wider geographical area.
Patented gas and liquid recovery solutions
Sime’s research and development department recently developed interesting process solutions for plant and auxiliaries. A total of ten process patents have currently been submitted for gas treatment, petrochemical process and subsea.
These patents include methods and apparatus for:
- Natural gas liquid / liquid propane gas recovery from a hydrocarbon gas, in particular from a natural gas
- Recovering a liquid fraction from a pressurised gas, in particular hydrocarbon with two or more carbon atoms
- Obtaining energy by expanding a gas at a wellhead
- Sweetening and dehydrating a hydrocarbon gas from a natural gas
Other patents consist of:
- A mass transfer column
- Process and equipment for separating 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene (pseudocumene) for a mixture containing aromatic hydrocarbons
- An underwater device and method for blocking outflow from an underwater well
- The separation of hydrocarbon families or of individual components by consecutive extractive distillations performed in a single column
Founded in 1989 and based in Livorno, Italy, Sime is an international group with more than 250 employees.
The group has five sites in Italy, in addition to sites in France, Romania, the UAE and Republic of Congo.
Sime is certified to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007.