Monthly winner safety award, presented to: Chris Turner.
Lifting Gear UK is the one-stop provider for a comprehensive lifting and handling equipment. We also have a specialist division, Lifting Projects, which focuses on contract lifting services.
Lifting Gear UK specialises in customised fabrications, equipment hire, LOLER inspections, onsite or offsite testing, repairs and sales.
Our product range includes heavy lifting and jacking equipment with capacities of up to 700t, as well as general site and manual handling equipment. We also have various height safety equipment and solutions available for sale or hire.
Lifting Gear UK
Contract lifting services
Lifting Projects offers contract lifting services for various industries, including offshore, onshore, renewables and oil and gas sectors in the UK.
Our services are delivered through our ISO 9001:2008 accreditation and our specialist contract lifting is undertaken by our CPCS-qualified and trained workforce in accordance to the BS 7121-1 2006 standard.
Lifting Projects’ contract lifting services covers the following:
- Specialist lifting equipment
- Contract lifting equipment assessment
- Highways planning if required
- Lifting plan
- Method statements
- Project management from start to completion
- Risk assessments
- Safe working operating procedures
- Site visit
Our services and unique alternative lifting solutions have been used in a number of high-profile projects. These include the installation of tunnel boring machines (TBMs) on the Crossrail project in London, as well as lifting the 700t UB07 forward island and the UB14 Island onto the HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier at the Rosyth Dockyard in Scotland.
LOLER testing and inspections
Lifting Gear UK provides clients with advice, examination criteria and the necessary means to perform Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) inspections.
LOLER combines a number of legal requirements associated with lifting gear into a single, statutory inspection system.
LOLER incorporates the following guidelines:
- 1961 Construction (lifting operations) regulations
- 1992 Lifting plant and equipment (records of test and examination) regulations
- 1988 Aspects of the docks regulations
The aim of LOLER is to protect operators and personnel who work closely with lifting equipment.
LOLER requires that any lifting equipment used or provided in a working environment must be:
- Adequately and clearly marked with sufficient information to ensure the safe and correct use of the equipment
- Installed and located in such a way as to minimise potential risks to health and safety
- Subjected to regular and ongoing inspection and thorough examination by suitably trained and qualified personnel
- Sufficiently robust and well-designed and fit for purpose to lift its specified load
Lifting Gear UK has its own LOLER-qualified team that performs the necessary equipment inspections, testing and examinations. We also have various types of equipment available for hire for applications where a test load is needed as part of an examination, which includes:
- Cheese weights complete with poles
- Hand weights
- Slab weights
- Test weight trays and stillages
- Upright test rig
- Jack testing compression rig
- Digital load cells
- Compression load cells
- Mobile crane for ‘live tests’
- Mega lift
Design and manufacturing packages
Using up-to-date technologies, including computer-aided design (CAD), Lifting Gear UK offers a complete design and fabrication package as part of a client’s customised lifting solution.
We additionally specialise in the following services:
- Customised lifting solutions, which are fabricated and fully tested
- Lifting beams in various sizes and shapes
- Man rider cages
- Runway beams
- Scaffold-tube goods cages
- Steel crane mats of all sizes, which are designed according to the specific requirements of the client
Engineered lifting operations
With more than 120 years’ experience in executing heavy lifts across the UK, every operation performed by Lifting Projects is comprehensively engineered and planned.
Each lifting project undergoes an initial rigging study to guarantee maximum safety and efficiency throughout the procedure.
Heavy lifting equipment and accessories
Lifting Projects UK has a large range of heavy lifting accessories, which are available for general hire on a national and international basis.
We offer the most advanced and extensive inventory of lifting equipment in the world, including cranes with a capacity of up to 4,400t, jacking systems and a variety of versatile lifting accessories, such as:
- Crawler cranes
- Gantry systems
- Mobile cranes
- Strutt cranes
Customisable accessories provided by Lifting Projects UK include the following:
- Collar chains
- Large steel crane mats
- Multi-point beams
- Shackles, including wide-bodied sling savers
- Single-point beams
- Stab beams
- Under beams
- Wire grommets
- Wire rope slings
Our rigging equipment is continuously maintained and inspected to the highest standards and key components are load-tested to ensure the utmost lifting safety.
Lifting Projects offer a vast supply of modular spreader beams ranging from 9m to 20m in length. We also offer longer lengths of up to 26m, which provides a safe working load of 349t.
About Lifting Gear UK
Lifting Gear UK is a member of the Lifting Equipment Engineers Association and its staff consists of technical committee members and a team of trained technicians and engineers.
Unit D3, Leyland Business Park
Unit 1D Maple Court
White Moss Business Park
London Industrial Estate
74 Roding Road
Unit 1 Houston Place
Kingston Bridge Trading Estate
Unit 3, Walmgate Road
Leyland Business Park, Centurion Park
131 Great Howard Street
Unit 6 Guinness Road Estate