Noise-Insulated Marine Floorings and Deck Coverings
GTF, one of the leading companies in the market for ship deck coverings, produces, supplies and applies a variety of marine floorings, including: primary deck coverings; insulating ship floors; noise reduction deck floors; exterior deck coverings; polyurethane and epoxy coatings. Our deck coverings are specially constructed for noise reduction on-board ships.
Our products are used on all kinds of vessels – from cruise, merchant and naval vessels to platforms, container vessels, ferries, yachts, bulk carriers, tugs, etc. GTF provides solutions for major and seemingly minor challenges – from fitting completely new ships to repairing existing ones. In addition, we can provide a complete range of flooring materials such as carpets, PVC, ceramic tiles, etc. including installation.
Floating floors and marine floorings for sound and vibration damping
Increasingly sophisticated technology has meant that shipping and shipbuilding industries are receiving more and more exacting demands from ship-owners and passengers. Today, ship flooring has to carry out a wide range of different functions – from sound and fire protection to safety and design features.
Conflicts of interest abound in modern passenger ship interiors. Whilst there is plenty of noise in fitness areas, restaurants, bars, cinemas and discos, passengers also want to be able to relax in their cabins. Further problems of propeller and machinery noise mean sound protection and effective vibration protection are vital. Experience shows that sufficient noise reduction cannot be obtained merely by reducing noise generation at the main noise sources.
The floor structures thus play a particularly important role – GTF’s vibration damped floors, floating floors and standard levelling floors provide noise reduction that allows some to go jogging while others enjoy a midday snooze, as well as adding to the visual appeal of the ship.
Heat and sound-insulated ship flooring
Modern passengers, hull motion, seawater and climatic conditions are the main factors that GTF has been successfully facing all over the world for years. GTF’s products provide heat and sound insulation of all kinds: in ship interiors and exteriors.
The advantages in a nutshell: satisfaction of modern-day requirements for weight minimisation by using lightweight structures, extremely short installation and processing times in almost all cases, low installation heights and a tremendous number of potential applications areas.
Marine deck coverings
GTF’s deck coverings have set new trends and new standards. They satisfy the strict requirements made by the navy in Germany and other countries and also observe the latest IMO Resolutions.
TEFROTEX® interior deck coverings:
- Not readily ignitable primary deck coverings
- Set / dry very quickly
- Used as a substrate for tiles, e.g. in ship kitchens
- Self-levelling materials are extremely fast to process and can be put into service within a very short time
- Particularly suitable for aluminium decks
TEFROLITH® insulated floor coverings:
- Non-flammable materials provide optimum sound insulation
- Fire-protection systems to A-60 standards
- A-30 and A-60 solutions for wet areas
- Sound insulation by means of floating or damping constructions, including low-frequency ranges
TEFROKA® polymer-based deck coverings:
- Extremely abrasion-resistant, e.g. for service or working areas that are subjected to high mechanical strain
- Suitable alternative to tiles when continuous flooring is involved, e.g. wet areas
- Resistant coatings – epoxy- and polyurethane-based for interior areas providing certificates according to latest IMO regulations and FTP-code
- High resistant anti-slip coatings for helicopter-decks, ramps, etc
- Decorative and impact sound insulated structures for exterior decks, e.g. on passenger ships for sun decks, jogging tracks, etc
- TEFROTEAK® polyurethane joint-less deck covering system in “teak-deck-optic” for exterior decks, balconies and interior areas.
Corrosion protection service
GTF also provides services for the protection of physical assets and for preservation. We carry out the following substrate preparation work for applying successful anti-corrosive coatings: jet blasting (compressed air, wet, closed-circuit and suction head jet blasting); airless blast cleaning; super-pressure water jet cleaning; dry ice cleaning, as well as grinding and staining.
High-quality marine flooring
GTF concentrates not only on high quality but also on excellent service, and carries out R&D at its in-house laboratory as well as by co-operating with independent institutes and universities.
In all our operations we can draw on decades of experience, complemented by ongoing staff training, to ensure that we produce the expected results in special shipbuilding assignments. As far as product quality and workmanship is concerned, it does not matter whether an order involves many thousand square metres of flooring or repairs to the flooring of a small merchant ship.
GTF’s list of references ranges from oil-drilling platforms in Norway and China to cruise ships in Finland, Germany, France, Italy and the Far East, to high-speed and aluminium ferries in Scandinavia, Germany and Australia. Internationally respected shipyards, as well as cruise shipping companies, also buy deck coverings from GTF.
The GTF group is famous for its flexibility and responds quickly to anywhere in the world, even at short notice.