AIS was founded in 1963 and from the outset chose the petrochemical sector. However, the company's first significant task was a construction of a plant for the production of vegetable oils in Ravenna.
AIS was established in 1963 and is a specialist in the petrochemical industry.
During the 1970s, AIS grew through the acquisition of various major hydrogenation and oil companies, allowing the company to extend its range of services to include offshore rig preparation for the extraction of hydrocarbons.
In the mid-1980s, the company incorporated a new organisational and technical management structure, which consisted of experts and emerging young professionals.
AIS grew with this new structure and developed a number of long-term business partnerships. A number of companies that collaborate with AIS perform specialised tasks, such as electrical and instrumental systems works, insulation, infrastructure building and additional works.
Extraction pipelines for the oil and gas industry
In addition to plant engineering, AIS also lays gas and oil pipelines connecting extraction wells to processing and distribution stations.
Each system is designed and installed with the technical documentation to ensure that the highest quality of the plants is achieved and that they comply with the required industry standards.
Among its installation portfolio, the geothermal plant made on behalf of AGIP SpA in Ferrara, where the AIS is based, is significant as the system allows the use of the underground hot water and sends it to the city’s distribution facilities.
The integrated company system is certified according to UNI EN ISO 9001:2008, BS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001/04.
Technical construction and maintenance services on offshore facilities
Each system designed and installed by AIS includes the technical documentation that contains all the control, operational and security steps, in addition to the procedures undertaken during the different system stages. This procedure is internally applied by a technical organisation that also rigorously checks the production quality.
AIS has technical experience and knowledge of the following applications:
- Extraordinary maintenance at onshore and offshore stations and refineries in the event of emergency plant improvement and modification
- Gas and oil pipeline laying
- Maintenance with programmed shutdown interventions at onshore and offshore facilities
- Petrochemical, onshore and offshore plant mechanical fitting
- Skid unit construction
- Steel structure construction
- Structure and module construction for the oil industry
- Turnkey plant realisation
- Development engineering, maintenance and turnkey plant realisation services
AIS also performs the following services:
- Complete implementation of the phases elaborated during the engineering phase, final start-up and plant delivery
- Development engineering, issue of purchase orders, specialised coordination and control may be entrusted to non-destructive testing, heat treatment and electrical instrumental subcontractors
- Improvements and renovations to onshore and offshore facilities
- Maintenance services
- On and offshore plant mechanical fitting
- Realisation of turnkey plants
- Research, traceability and supply of construction materials, handling customs clearance and inspection
AIS continually trains its personnel in first aid, fire fighting, survival at sea, driving vehicles, setting up and dismantling scaffolding, intervention procedures, in addition to welding procedure certifications and qualifications.
AIS has been involved in a number of high-profile projects. It collaborated with Italian energy company ENI to perform post-workover mechanical engineering, exchanger maintenance and the installation of pipe-rack process lines and wellhead pipelines at its plant. AIS has also installed KO drums onboard ENI’s Cervia K rig.
Ais has built for a turnkey contract with ENI, the new cluster and the bridge that connects it to the platform Garibaldi. For Italiana Energia e Servizi (IES), AIS was involved in the construction of a new underground liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) plant, which included pipework, pump fitting and steel structure installation.
The Sao Vang and Dai Nguyet gas and condensate fields are located in Blocks 05-1b and 05-1c in the Nam Con Son Basin, approximately 300km south-east of Ho Chi Minh City offshore Vietnam.
The Hummer development project lies in the three outer continental shelf lease blocks Main Pass 270 / 273 / 274 of the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 80km south-east of the Mississippi river delta.
Ravn is a marginal oil field located in license 5/06 in the Danish sector of the North Sea. Covering an area of 333km², the field lies in water depths of 157ft (48m) and is being developed by Wintershall Noordzee, who is also the operator.
Prinos Offshore Development Project comprises a 4km² area covering the Prinos, Epsilon and Prinos North oil fields located in the North Aegean Sea in the Gulf of Kavala.
Eni's West Hub Development Project involves the initial development of the Sangos, Cinguvu and Mpungi fields, as well as the subsequent development of the Mpungi North, Vandumbu and Ochigufu fields in later stages.