Ophir is a marginal oilfield located offshore Peninsular Malaysia in 70m of water.
Ocean Maxwell is an independent consultancy company with offices in Norway and Singapore, serving E&P operators; drilling, well and subsea equipment suppliers and rig and floating, production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) contractors across the world.
The company provides advisory and consultancy services, working closely with the customer through technical consultants, third-party verification and studies and projects.
Ocean Maxwell’s personnel have many years of experience from positions as advisors, engineers, supervisors and scientists within major E&P operator or contractor organisations such as Statoil, Lundin, BP, Shell, Total, Marathon, Talisman, Centrica, Wintershall, Exxon Mobile, ENI, Teekay Petrojarl, Aker Solutions, FMC, Cameron, Seadrill, Odfjell and COSL.
Drilling and well
Ocean Maxwell’s drilling and well advisors, engineers and supervisors have extensive experience within exploration and production / injection drilling, completion, intervention and more, thanks to years of working on platform and subsea projects.
The consultants perform services and support customers in all phases from early phase field evaluation, concept selection, field development, interventions and workovers, and abandonment and decommissioning of wells / fields.
Main operations are management, planning and supervision of:
- Drilling of exploration and production/injection wells
- Pore pressure and well bore stability (geomechanics) analysis / studies
- Completion / subsea completion of wells
- Through tubing rotary drilling
- Managed pressure drilling
- Well interventions
- Riserless well interventions
Ocean Maxwell subsea advisors, engineers and supervisors are involved with subsea well equipment, manifolds, templates, control systems (subsea and topside), umbilicals, flowlines and risers.
Consultants perform services and support customers in all phases, including feasability studies, concept selection, field development, offshore installation and field start-up, daily operational follow-up during production, interventions and maintenance and de-commissioning of the field.
Main operations are follow-up of suppliers during:
- Subsea field development / FEED studies
- Construction of subsea equipment
- Mechanical completion
- Acceptance testing
- Operational planning
- Offshore installation
- Subsea well completion and testing
- Commissioning of subsea and topside control systems
- Subsea module inspection and intervention
- Well intervention and workovers
Rig / FPSO systems
The consultant network within rig and floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) projects consists of advisors, engineers and supervisors to work on behalf of E&P operators and contractors within technical disciplines such as drilling control systems, electro, instrument, telecom, mechanical, marine, well control equipment / subsea BOP, structure, construction, piping, technical safety and HSE.
The consultants perform services and support customers in:
- Feasibility studies of new rig and FPSO design
- New build projects rig and FPSO construction
- Conversion projects
- Mechanical completion
- Acceptance trials
- Rig intake
- Audits and inspections
- Drilling system / control system modifications
- Preparation of risk analysis and operational procedures
- Layout / planning for moonpool handling of subsea equipment
- Periodic classification of rigs
Ocean Maxwell’s sub-surface team consists of scientists, engineers and advisors within geology, geophysics, reservoir and production technology.
The consultants can support customers in phases from asset evaluation, application for plan for development and operations (PDO), field development, field start-up, daily operational follow-up during production and well / field optimisation (IOR/EOR aspects) until end of the field’s production.