Shore & Offshore Security Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Services
Shore & Offshore Security is a privately owned, Netherlands and Cyprus-based maritime security company that provides an extensive range of maritime security and anti-piracy services and solutions for both commercial and private vessels. It offers armed and unarmed protection services to counter piracy and other hostile threats. The company’s mission is to provide its clients with professional maritime security services that will protect their interests from piracy and terrorism.
Flexible maritime security services
The company accomplishes its services through:
- Exceptional and client-orientated service
- Highly skilled personnel
- Professional training
- Coverage to board security team members and weapons from, but not limited to: Malta, Djibouti, Kenya, Tanzania , South Africa, Sri Lanka, Oman
- Compliance with the highest international standards (legislation) for private maritime security providers (IMO regulation)
Should the maritime security needs of Shore & Offshore Security’s clients change, the company will remain flexible and create new anti-piracy solutions to meet their needs.
Offshore security teams
The company’s security teams consist mainly of Dutch and British former marines and commandos. The teams have extensive experience operating in military and high-risk commercial maritime environments. Once onboard a vessel, teams will use their knowledge and experience to train and instil confidence in the crew. They will also implement a ship security plan to increase the defence to deter any acts of piracy.
Team duties while transiting are to:
- Advise the captain on high-risk areas and recent pirate attacks
- Train the crew in anti-piracy drills
- Conduct onboard training and lectures
- Provide 24hr anti-piracy watch
- Provide ship security / anti-piracy plan
- Enhance vessel defences
- React to incidents in accordance with the anti-piracy plan
- Invoke a layered response to incidents
- Move crew and non-essential personnel to a safe area
- Evasive maneuvering
- Max speed and route assessment / planning
- Emergency communications / notify all necessary originations
- Deploy firearms if carried
- Notify 24hr operations room
Shore & Offshore Security has a public liability insurance cover of €5m. All personnel are covered by full medical and repatriation insurance.
Comprehensive protection services
Along with highly trained, motivated and professional team members, included in the company’s services are:
- Qualified ship-borne medic accompanying all team taskings
- Medical trauma kit
- Satellite phone
- Vessel monitoring and intelligence
- Communications for team members (radios)
- Handheld torches
- Night vision aid (NVA)
- Spare batteries
- Modern weapons (if required)
- Appropriate ammunition in sufficient quantity (if required)
Certifications and ethos
The right of self-defence is enshrined in law, and Shore & Offshore Security has extensive experience working with firearms. At all times that firearms are carried, security personnel are subject to strict rules of use of force (RUF), which are based on sound legal principles. Nothing in the rules circumvents the client’s overriding authority.
Shore & Offshore Security is a signatory company to the Geneva International Code of Conduct for Private Security Providers (ICoC). It has achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification through Lloyd’s Register LRQA, an international standard related to quality management and client satisfaction. It is also the first Dutch company to become a member of the Security Association for the Maritime Industry (SAMI), where it has obtained stage 1 accreditation. This has only been granted to 20 of the 160 private security company members of SAMI.
Shore & Offshore Security operates in cooperation with UK-based intelligence provider Dryad Maritime Intelligence, which delivers intelligence for vessels around high-risk areas.
Products and Services
Shore & Offshore Security is pleased to announce that it has become a member of the Port Development Partnership (PDP) initiative of the Netherlands-African Business Council (NABC) supported by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Accra.Read more