Reliable coaxial interface connections are crucial for achieving good RF performance, especially in E-band applications....
Two trends are dominating the industry: increasing digitisation of machines and systems and automation of processes, in everything from production across logistics to packaging.
In all of these situations, it is imperative to ensure maximum efficiency and prevent failures. Rapidly rotating machine parts, like those found in bottling and paper converting plants, pose special challenges. Dependable data transmission is also essential for enabling real-time control and regulation of these machines.
Unlike slip rings, contactless rotary joints from SPINNER also ensure reliable data transmission with large diameters and high data transmission rates. This can’t be achieved with slip rings, which are prone to micro-interruptions, especially with large clear internal diameters.
This is where the new SPINNER data transmission unit comes in: It now permits dependable transmission at clear internal diameters up to 100mm. Plus, the contactless rotating interfaces are non-wearing and maintenance-free. The benefits are substantial cost savings, outstanding reliability and a long service life.
- Autonegotiation with Ethernet-based protocols up to 1Gbit/s, BER smaller than 1 x 10 -12
- Real-time transmission at 100Mbit/s via one or two channels
- Usable protocols: Ethernet, Powerlink, Profinet A, B, C (IRT), EtherCat, CC-Link, Sercos III, Drivecliq
- Profibus and CAN available on request
- No Wi-Fi
- Operation in either direction at speeds up to 500rpm with consistently high-quality transmission, immediately functional after power-up
- Maximum reliability and service life, thanks to maintenance-free operation without wear and tear
- No additional electric components needed for data transmission: all-in-one design
- Also available with integrated pancake slip ring for power supply