Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 13.04% in cross border deal activity during November 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Brookfield Renewable Partners and MidOcean Energy’s $11.9bn acquisition of Origin Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 20 oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $12.3bn were announced for the region in November 2022, against the 12-month average of 23 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2022 with 19 transactions, representing a 95% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with one deal capturing a 5% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry with $12.29bn, followed by private equity deals totalled $36.3m.
Asia-Pacific oil & gas industry cross border deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas cross border deals accounted for 98.4% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas cross border deals stood at $12.14bn, against the overall value of $12.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Renewable Partners and MidOcean Energy’s $11.9bn acquisition deal with Origin Energy
2) The $75m asset transaction with Nereus Shipping Acquires Hyundai Vietnam S510 Oil Tanker by Nereus Shipping
3) Navig8 Group’s $72.5m asset transaction deal for Althea Oil Tanker
4) The $54m asset transaction for Bro Anna And Bro Agnes Oil Tankers by Rederiet Stenersen
5) IFC Emerging Asia Fund and International Finance’s $36.3m private equity deal with Crystal Crop Protection Pvt.