Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 4.17% in deal activity during July 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Thai Oil Public’s $1.18bn acquisition of PT Chandra Asri Petrochemical, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 23 oil & gas industry deals worth $2.4bn were announced for the region in July 2021, against the 12-month average of 24 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in July 2021 with 16 transactions, representing a 69.6% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with four deals, followed by private equity deals with three transactions, respectively capturing a 17.4% and 13.04% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry with $2.12bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $222.36m and $15.46m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific oil & gas industry deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 93.6% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $2.21bn, against the overall value of $2.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) PT Chandra Asri Petrochemical $1.18bn acquisition deal for 15.4% stake in Thai Oil Public
2) The $722.5m acquisition of 20% stake in General Chemical by Hanwha Energy and Hanwha Solutions
3) Hyundai Oil Terminal $160m private equity deal for 90% stake with J&P Private Equity
4) The $62.36m private equity of Clean Science and Technology by Abu Dhabi Investment Authority,Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance,anchor investors,Axis Mutual Fund,BlackRock World Mining Trust,BNP Paribas Arbitrage,Goldman Sachs India Equity Fund,Government of Singapore,HDFC Mutual Fund,ICICI Prudential Life Insurance,ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund,Kotak Mutual Fund and SBI Life Insurance
5) Shandong Shengli $83.76m acquisition deal for 11.77% stake with China Oil and Gas Investment Group