Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 8.70% in deal activity during November 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Brookfield Renewable Partners and MidOcean Energy’s $11.9bn acquisition of Origin Energy, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 42 oil & gas industry deals worth $12.7bn were announced for the region in November 2022, against the 12-month average of 46 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2022 with 37 transactions, representing an 88.1% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with three deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 7.1% and 4.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s oil & gas industry with $12.69bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $36.3m and $2.2m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific oil & gas industry deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 97% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $12.34bn, against the overall value of $12.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Renewable Partners and MidOcean Energy’s $11.9bn acquisition deal with Origin Energy
2) The $164.72m acquisition of Warrego Energy by Beach Energy
3) Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone’s $128.63m acquisition deal with Indian Oiltanking and IOT Utkal Energy Services
4) The $75m asset transaction for Hyundai Vietnam S510 Oil Tanker by Nereus Shipping
5) Navig8 Group’s $72.5m asset transaction deal for Althea Oil Tanker