Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 14.29% in cross border deal activity during November 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Chart Industries’ $4.4bn acquisition of Howden Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $5.1bn were announced for the region in November 2022, against the 12-month average of 28 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in November 2022 with 24 transactions, representing a 100% share for the region.
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $5.06bn.
Europe oil & gas industry cross border deals in November 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas cross border deals accounted for 97.9% of the overall value during November 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas cross border deals stood at $4.96bn, against the overall value of $5.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of November 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Chart Industries’s $4.4bn acquisition deal with Howden Group
2) The $330m acquisition of Total E&P Dunga by Oriental Sunrise
3) Yildirim Group’s $170m asset transaction deal with Elementis
4) The $33.44m acquisition deal with Exclusivas Sarabia by Shandong Weifang Rainbow Chemical
5) Andromeda Shipping India’s $26m asset transaction deal with Sole Shipping