Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 22.50% in deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by AMS Holdco 2’s $614.14m acquisition of Scapa Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 31 oil & gas industry deals worth $1.79bn were announced for the region in January 2021, against the 12-month average of 40 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2021 with 28 transactions, representing a 90.3% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with three deals capturing a 9.7% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $1.79bn, followed by private equity deals totalled $2.17m.
Europe oil & gas industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 86.7% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $1.55bn, against the overall value of $1.79bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AMS Holdco 2’s $614.14m acquisition of Scapa Group
2) The $320m asset transaction deal with MatlinPatterson Global Advisers by TMS Cardiff Gas
3) Ashland Global Holdings’ $316.96m asset transaction with Schulke & Mayr
4) The $182.73m acquisition of Gas Distribution Infrastructure by 2i Rete Gas
5) Euronav’s asset transaction with for $116m.