Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 22.50% in deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by AMS Holdco 2’s $614.14m acquisition of Scapa Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 31 oil & gas industry deals worth $1.79bn were announced for the region in January 2021, against the 12-month average of 40 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2021 with 28 transactions, representing a 90.3% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with three deals capturing a 9.7% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $1.79bn, followed by private equity deals totalled $2.17m.
Europe oil & gas industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 86.7% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $1.55bn, against the overall value of $1.79bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AMS Holdco 2’s $614.14m acquisition of Scapa Group
2) The $320m asset transaction deal with MatlinPatterson Global Advisers by TMS Cardiff Gas
3) Ashland Global Holdings’ $316.96m asset transaction with Schulke & Mayr
4) The $182.73m acquisition of Gas Distribution Infrastructure by 2i Rete Gas
5) Euronav’s asset transaction with for $116m.