Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 25.93% in deal activity during July 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by MKS Instruments‘ $6.5bn acquisition of Atotech Deutschland, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 20 oil & gas industry deals worth $14.1bn were announced for the region in July 2021, against the 12-month average of 27 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in July 2021 with 14 transactions, representing a 70% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with six deals capturing a 30% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $14.08bn.
Europe oil & gas industry deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 99.5% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $14.02bn, against the overall value of $14.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Atotech Deutschland $6.5bn acquisition deal with MKS Instruments
2) The $4.75bn acquisition of Allnex Germany by PTTGC International (Netherlands)
3) GRTgaz $1.99bn acquisition deal for 11.5% stake in Caisse des Depots et Consignations and CNP Assurances
4) U-POL $592.25m acquisition deal with Axalta Coating Systems
5) The $184.2m acquisition of Tepkri Sarsang by ShaMaran Petroleum