Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a rise of 19.05% in cross border deal activity during March 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Kistos’ $463.82m acquisition of Tulip Oil Netherlands, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 25 oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $599.54m were announced for the region in March 2021, against the 12-month average of 21 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in March 2021 with 20 transactions, representing an 80% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was private equity with four deals, followed by venture financing deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 16% and 4% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $527.97m, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $66.85m and $4.72m, respectively.
Europe oil & gas industry cross border deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five oil & gas cross border deals accounted for 96% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas cross border deals stood at $575.42m, against the overall value of $599.54m recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Kistos’ $463.82m acquisition of Tulip Oil Netherlands
2) The $66.85m private equity deal with Circa Group by BNP Paribas Energy Transition Fund, Delphi Fondene, DNB Asset Management, Fourth Swedish National Pension Fund, Handelsbanken Fonder, Norske Skogindustrier, Pareto Securities, Robeco Asset Management Spain and SpareBank one Markets
3) OceanPact Netherlands’ $18m asset transaction with DDW Offshore
4) The $17.5m acquisition of Sulzer Wood by Sulzer
5) S.D. Standard Drilling’s asset transaction with Noble Corporation for $9.25m.