Europe’s oil & gas industry saw a rise of 45.83% in deal activity during May 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Advent International and Lanxess‘ $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 35 oil & gas industry deals worth $7.1bn were announced for the region in May 2022, against the 12-month average of 24 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in May 2022 with 22 transactions, representing a 62.9% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with eight deals, followed by private equity deals with five transactions, respectively capturing a 22.9% and 14.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s oil & gas industry with $4.15bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $2.78bn and $190.54m, respectively.
Europe oil & gas industry deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 98.6% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $7.02bn, against the overall value of $7.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Advent International and Lanxess $4.14bn private equity deal with Koninklijke DSM
2) The $2.39bn acquisition of Perstorp Holding by Petronas Chemicals Group
3) GPR Siebzigste Verwaltungsgesellschaft $233m acquisition deal with BORSIG
4) The $150m venture financing of Carbon Clean Solutions by AXA Investment Managers,Cemex Ventures Espana SLU,Chevron Technology Ventures,Marubeni,Samsung Ventures Investment,Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures,TransCanada PipeLines and Wave Equity Partners
5) Judges Scientific $99.92m acquisition deal with GEOTEK