North America’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 30.51% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by The Infrastructure Investments Fund’s $8.1bn private equity deal with South Jersey Industries, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 41 oil & gas industry deals worth $12bn were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 59 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in February 2022 with 24 transactions, representing a 58.5% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 13 deals, followed by private equity deals with four transactions, respectively capturing a 31.7% and 9.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in North America’s oil & gas industry with $8.37bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $3.56bn and $70.86m, respectively.
North America oil & gas industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 88.1% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $10.57bn, against the overall value of $12bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Infrastructure Investments Fund $8.1bn private equity deal with South Jersey Industries
2) The $1.3bn acquisition of Great Western Petroleum by PDC Energy
3) ULLICO $690m acquisition deal with Hope Gas
4) The $300m acquisition of Bison Oil & Gas II by Civitas Resources
5) Kayne Anderson Energy Fund VIII $180m private equity deal with Treadstone Energy Partners III