North America’s oil & gas industry saw a drop of 46.55% in deal activity during April 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Delek Logistics Partners‘ $624.7m acquisition of 3Bear Delaware Holding-NM, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 31 oil & gas industry deals worth $2.6bn were announced for the region in April 2022, against the 12-month average of 58 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in April 2022 with 13 transactions, representing a 41.9% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with 13 deals, followed by private equity deals with five transactions, respectively capturing a 41.9% and 16.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s oil & gas industry with $1.62bn, while private equity and venture financing deals totalled $576.5m and $365.14m, respectively.
North America oil & gas industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five oil & gas deals accounted for 85.7% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas deals stood at $2.2bn, against the overall value of $2.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Delek Logistics Partners $624.7m acquisition deal with 3Bear Delaware Holding-NM
2) The $552.7m acquisition of 68% stake in Blueknight Energy Partners by Ergon
3) SilverBow Resources $369m acquisition deal with (Sub) and Sundance Energy
4) The $350m venture financing of Crusoe Energy Systems by Atreides Management,Bain Capital Ventures,Castle Island Ventures,CMT Digital Ventures,DRW Venture Capital,Engine No. 1,Exor Seeds,Felicis Ventures,Footprint Coalition Ventures,Founders Fund,G2 Venture Partners,Inclusive Capital Partners,Lowercarbon Capital,MCJ Collective,MitsuiGlobal Investment Inc,Polychain Capital,Tao Capital Partners,Upper90,Valor Equity Partners,Winklevoss Capital Management and Zigg Capital
5) EnCap Flatrock Midstream $300m private equity deal with Cardinal Midstream