Total Oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $1.7bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $1.01bn private equity deal for 54.1% stake with PI Advanced Materials being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 79% over the previous month of $8.08bn and a drop of 78.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.03bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 38.24% with 21 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 34 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.02bn in June 2022.
Oil & gas industry cross border deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 95.05% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.61bn, against the overall value of $1.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five Oil & gas industry cross border deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baring Private Equity Asia V Holding (1) $1.01bn private equity deal for 54.1% stake in PI Advanced Materials
2) The $200m acquisition of BioPhero by FMC
3) Grey Rock Energy Partners $150m private equity deal with Vault CCS Holdings
4) The $130m venture financing of Twelve by Breakout Ventures,Capricorn Investment Group,Carbon Direct Capital Management,Chan Zuckerberg Initiative,DCVC Management Co,Elementum Ventures,Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund and Munich Re Ventures
5) Chanel,Emerald Development Managers,Jeff Vinik,Mousse Partners,Roy Disney,Senator Investment Group,Teachers Venture Growth (TVG) and The Kraft Group $120m venture financing deal with Evolved by Nature