Total oil & gas industry cross border deals worth $1.9bn were announced globally for May 2021, with the $596m acquisition of Deer Park Refining being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 85.6% over the previous month of $13.22bn and a drop of 71.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.7bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.85% with 25 deals in May 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 26 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $596m in May 2021.
Oil & Gas industry cross border deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 99.1% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.88bn, against the overall value of $1.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry cross border deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Petroleos Mexicanos’ $596m acquisition of Deer Park Refining
2) The $442m acquisition of StormGeo by Alfa Laval
3) Arroyo Energy Investment Partners’ $422.5m acquisition of Gasmar
4) The $364m acquisition deal of Republic Of Mozambique Pipeline InvestmentsPty Ltd by African Infrastructure Investment Managers and Reatile Group
5) Element Solutions’ acquisition deal with H.K. Wentworth for $60m.